McPartlin Parting Ways With Dec, Going ‘Solo’
Ant McPartlin will make his return to Saturday Night Takeaway — nearly two years after last appearing on the show.
The entertainment program, which will start early next year, has been taken off air last year as Ant, 43, took some time out from TV after his drink-drive arrest in March 2017.
Display partner Declan Donnelly, also 43, was made to present the last two episodes of Takeaway on his own that year.
ITV execs took the decision to break the series while Ant recovered from his booze and prescription drug addiction. He took the entire year off — also missing I am a Celebrity.
He was replaced by Holly Willoughby. After returning to Britain’s Got Talent in April, it has been back to company for Ant, who will also co-present I am a Celeb this season. Sources say bosses can not wait to begin.
“There is a real buzz around the show,” says an insider. “It promises to be bigger and better than ever. As much as Dec did a excellent job on his own, it just was not the same without Ant.”
Ant resigned from his TV work after his drink-driving arrest following a car crash. He was fined #86,000 and awarded a 20-month driving ban. He announced he would be taking time out of introducing while seeking treatment for addiction. Execs chose to break the programs as”neither Ant and Dec nor ITV wanted to undermine the quality of the series”.
It has been noted that Ant and Dec have filmed a brand new I am a Celeb movie for the ITV series, called Two Men and a Boat. It’s said to specify a light-hearted note for Ant’s large return. In the clip, the set set sail for Australia, but get lost along the way and caught up in extreme weather.